Ma Huang Tang 麻黃湯
Ma Huang Combination
VALUE & POTENCY
We use highly concentrated, water extracted herb granules. Our whole herbs are always premium grade, and pesticide free, wildcrafted, or organic whenever feasible.
MA HUANG TANG Ingredients
|Hb. Ephedrae | NOT AVAILABLE||(Substitute FANG FENG & SU YE)||---|
|Ram. Cinnamomi||Gui Zhi||25|
|Sm. Armeniacae||Xing Ren||35|
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Zhi Gan Cao||10
Request formula modifications: to: email@example.com
|Generally used for||
Safety and Side Effects of MA HUANG TANG
- Contraindicated for those with Lin Syndrome.
- Contraindicated for those with Yin Deficiency bleeding.
- Contraindicated for those with bacterial infections (Heat).
- Contraindicated for those with skin infections.
- Contraindicated for those with Wind-Heat.
- Contraindicated for those with a weak pulse.
- Contraindicated for those with debility.
- Contraindicated for those with copious urination.
- Use caution for those with hypertension.
- Avoid profuse perspiration.
- Use only for short periods of time.
Pregnant and nursing women should consult their healthcare provider before using any supplement.
Most formulas are prescribed according to a TCM diagnosis and are designed for use by practitioners. If you are not a practitioner, self-prescribing is emphatically not recommended. To insure the best outcome, and to minimize any chance of side effects, we urge you to click here and Start an E-mail Consultation.
How to Dose and Prepare MA HUANG TANG
Granules: 2-4 grams, taken 2-3 times a day, best on an empty stomach. Or as prescribed by your practitioner.
Whole Herbs: Using a container made of ceramic, glass, or stainless steel (no aluminum, iron or copper) boil 1 packet of herbs in 1-2-quarts (or liters) of water until 2 cups of medicine remain. Adjust lid and heat to control evaporation. Strain herbs; save and refrigerate the dregs for a second boiling (if desired).
Note that some minerals and shells are pre boiled, some flowers are added during the last 5 minutes of boiling, and some prepared powders are not cooked, but are added to the strained decoction.
Drink 1 cup in the AM. And 1 cup in the PM. If desired, repeat the following day, using the saved herbs from the refrigerator. Or as prescribed by your practitioner.
Pills: Not available at this time.
* Information is for educational purpose and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your healthcare provider. These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.