CHAI GE JIE JI TANG - 柴葛解肌湯
BUPLEURUM AND KUDZU DECOCTION TO RELEASE THE MUSCLE LAYER
|Generally used for||
|Possible Indications for Use
|TCM Dx||Wind Cold becoming Wind Heat|
CHAI GE JIE JI TANG Ingredients
|Rx. Bupleuri||Chai Hu||10%|
|Rx. Puerariae||Ge Gen||10|
|Rz. seu Rx. Notopterygii||Qiang Huo||10|
|Rx. Angelicae Dahuricae||Bai Zhi||10|
|Rx. Scutellariae||Huang Qin||10|
|Gypsum Fibrosum||Shi Gao||15
|Rx. Platycodi||Jie Geng||10|
|Rx. Paeoniae||Bai Shao||10|
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Gan Cao||5|
|Rz. Zingiberis Recens||Sheng Jiang||5|
|Fr. Jujube||Da Zao||5|
for formula modification requests email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety and Side Effects of CHAI GE JIE JI TANG
- Contraindicated without signs of Interior Heat.
- Do not use with constipation and abdominal pain.
Pregnant and nursing women should consult their healthcare provider before using any supplement.
For the best outcome and to minimize any chance of side effects, you are urged to Start a TeleVisit or E-mail Consultation when using this formula. Without training in the use of these medicinals, self-diagnosis and self-prescribing aren't generally recommended.
How to Dose and Administer CHAI GE JIE JI TANG
Granules: 2-4 grams, taken 2-3 times a day, best on an empty stomach
Whole Herbs: Using a container made of ceramic, glass, or stainless steel (no aluminum, iron or copper) boil 1 packet of herbs in 2-quarts of water or until 2 cups of medicine remain. Hai Piao Xiao, Mu Li, and Long Gu should be pre-boiled for 30-60 minutes
Strain herbs; save and refrigerate for a second boiling. Drink 1 cup in the AM. And 1 cup in the PM. If desired, repeat the following day, using the saved herbs from the refrigerator.
* What’s the Difference Between, PIAN, WAN, TANG, SAN, SHUI and GAO?
- PIAN = Tablet (modern looking pill)
- WAN = Pill (old-style or handmade pill, or black teapill)
- TANG = Water Decoction (boiled whole herbs)
- SAN = Powder (milled or granulated)
- SHUI = Tincture (extract with alcohol or other solvent)
- GAO = Paste (topical unguent or plaster)
* Information is for educational purpose and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your healthcare provider. These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.