BA WEI DI HUANG WAN 八味地黄丸 - Golden Book Pills
also known as
Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan
Gui Fu Di Huang Wan
Kidney Pill From the Golden Cabinet
Golden Book Pills
Rehmannia 8 Pills
This formula is also available in pills and capsules
A variation of LIU WEI DI HUANG WAN. Adds Cinnamon bark (ROU GUI) and detoxified Aconite root FU ZI) to the original 6 herb formula.
When to Use Ba Wei Di Huang Wan
- Chronic Low-Back Pain
- Legs Or Knees-Weak
- Supports Normal Kidney Function
- Supports Normal Bladder Functions
- Deficiency Of Kidney Yin Or Yang
- Supports Normal Fertility For Both Men And Women
- Excessive Urination
- Supplements kidney YIN and YANG
- Warms the Kidney
- Moistens the Liver
- Nourish yin and yang
Ba Wei Di Huang Wan Safety & Side Effects
Prolonged over-use may be too warming. Do not use in cases with acute stomach fire. Discontinue if epigastric pain develops. Discontinue during colds.
TCM is powerful, and often complex. Self-diagnosis and self-treatment aren't usually recommended. Best to find a nearby practitioner, or purchase an e-mail/phone consultation here and now at online-herbal-consultation
Ba Wei Di Huang Wan WAN Dosage
Granules: dissolve 2-4 grams in water, drink two to three times a day
Capsules: 4 Capsules, 2-3 times a day, or as prescribed
Whole herbs: boil 30-50 grams in 4 cups of water. Reduce to 2 cups, Drink 1 in am and the other in PM.
Ba Wei Di Huang Ingredients
English/ Botanical Name
Pin Yin Name
|Cooked Foxglove Root||Shu Di Huang||30|
|Fr. Corni||Shan Zhu Yu||20|
|Yam Root||Shan Yao||20|
|Prepared Aconite Root||Zhi Fu Zi||10
|Cinnamon Bark||Rou Gui||5|
|Rz. Alismatis||Ze Xie||5|
|Cx. Moutan||Mu Dan Pi||5|
Ba Wei Di Huang Wan Dosage
Tablets: 6 tablets 2-3 times a day
Teapills: 8 teapills, 3 times a day.
Granules: 2-4 grams, taken 2-3 times a day, best on an empty stomach
Whole Herbs: Using a container made of ceramic, glass, or stainless steel (no aluminum, iron or copper) boil 1 packet of herbs in 2-3 quarts of water for until 2 cups of medicine remain. Strain herbs; save and refrigerate for a second boiling. Drink 1 cup in the AM. And 1 cup in the PM. If desired, repeat the following day, using the saved herbs from the refrigerator.
* What’s the Difference Between Ba Wei Di Huang PIAN, WAN, TANG, SAN, SHUI and GAO?
- PIAN = Tablet (modern looking pill)
- WAN = Pill (old-style or handmade pill, or black teapill)
- TANG = Water Decoction (boiled whole herbs)
- SAN = Powder (milled or granulated)
- SHUI = Tincture (extract with alcohol or other solvent)
- GAO = Paste (topical unguent or plaster)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.