Huang Lian Jie Du Tang - Granules
Huang Lian Jie Du Tang *
Coptis Decoction to Relieve Toxicity
Antiphlogistic Formula with Coptis
Coptis and Scute Combination
Huang Lian Jie Du Tang Uses
- Clears Heat
- Drains Fire
- Detoxifies all three Jiaos
- Purges Damp-Heat
- Purges the Gallbladder
Huang Lian Jie Du Tang Ingredients
- Huang Lian (Coptis Rhizome)
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron Bark)
- Huang Qin (Chinese Skullcap Root
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia Fruit)
Huang Lian Jie Du Tang Dosage
Granules: 2-4 grams, taken 2-3 times a day, best on an empty stomach
Whole Herbs: Using a container made of ceramic, glass, or stainless steel (no aluminum, iron or copper) boil 1 packet of herbs in 2-3 quarts of water for until 2 cups of medicine remain. Strain herbs; save and refrigerate for a second boiling. Drink 1 cup in the AM. And 1 cup in the PM. If desired, repeat the following day, using the saved herbs from the refrigerator.
Commonly, Chinese herbs are boiled for 20 - 40 minutes, the dregs are strained out and the "tea" is taken warm or at room temperature. Boiling times are averaged according to the composition of the formula. Flower and leaf will yield medicine in 5 -20 minutes. Roots take 20 to 40 minutes; Shells and minerals must cook for at least one hour. A few herbs, like mint or tangerine peel, must be quick-boiled for only 1-5 minutes to retain their volatile oils. These herbs are added separately to the boiling mixture just before completion.
Huang Lian Jie Du Tang Safety
Must be modified for Spleen Deficient patients
Traditional Chinese Medicine is powerful and reliable, but it can be complex. As TCM is not based on symptoms alone, self-diagnosis and self-treatment aren't recommended. Best to start a low cost online-herbal-consultation.
* What’s the Difference Between, PIAN, WAN, TANG, SAN, SHUI and GAO?
- PIAN = Tablet (modern looking pill)
- WAN = Pill (old-style or handmade pill, or black teapill)
- TANG = Water Decoction (boiled whole herbs)
- SAN = Powder (milled or granulated)
- SHUI = Tincture (extract with alcohol or other solvent)
- GAO = Paste (topical unguent or plaster)
This product is custom made and cannot be returned, refunded, or exchanged.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Pregnant or nursing women should consult their health care provider before taking any supplement.